Adult & Teen Challenge
Teen Challenge shares Ministry Highlights from their first year in Winkler
- Six People gave their hearts to Jesus in one day and a total of seventeen people have given their life to Jesus as a result of the store being in Winkler.
- We have seen approximately 10-12 people, both men and women, who are struggling with life-controlling problems come into the store to seek out help. As a result four men from the Pembina Valley have been enrolled in the year long treatment program and one woman from the area is currently a student in the Brandon Women’s Program.
- Many parents, relatives, and friends of people struggling with addiction having come into the store seeking help, prayer, and encouragement.
- The Lifeline Groups and Concerned Persons Groups occur every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening in the Store in the Ministry rooms and people are encountering God.
- Gods power came down one day as we were praying for a elderly lady from Winkler and her back was healed!
- There was one day where everyone who came into the store was asked if they knew Jesus and if they are ready for eternity! The point being – Ministry is happening everyday.
- We have a number of young men who have applied to enter the year long Men’s Program and are at various stages of admission.
- Through the store, we were able to connect with Pastor Sheila Yellowquill and attend three local First Nation communities this summer to encourage, give testimonies and a number of First Nation people gave their hearts to the Lord!
- Every Friday from Noon to 1:00 pm we have an Hour of Prayer at the store to pray for people in the area and intercede for the surrounding communities which is open to the public.
- We have a Monthly Teen Challenge Service that occurs the second Tuesday of the Month which is growing and providing support and healing to people. Starting April 9 the service will take place at the Bunker at 6:30 pm and is also open to the public.
- We have been asked to provide local High School Presentations and shared with teenagers the dangers of substance abuse.
- Gently used clothing Donations, Household goods, used Furniture.
- Godly Men who would like to mentor a Teen Challenge Graduate (we have a Grad house on 3rd street where there are currently 4 TC graduates living). *Hopefully women soon too will be needed(as there are some that are going to be graduating from the women’s program and moving back to the area).
- Prayer Support
- We are believing that God is going to provide us a building to start a Mens program this year.
- Continued healing/renewal for our graduates.
- Prayer cover